On Saturday evening the club held a gala presentation dinner for members who have won the various competitions during the golfing season.
At the start of the evening Club Captain Colin Mason welcomed the winners and congratulated them all. He commented “The club has had a very successful golfing year. As well as excellent scores in club competitions, there has been team success against other clubs in Lincolnshire with individual and pairs victories in County, Midland and National competitions. The course has been in excellent condition during the year and has benefitted from the full course irrigation system in the hot sunny weather. The club has also successfully hosted a national competition, the England Golf Senior Womens Open Strokeplay Championships.”
The trophies were presented at intervals during the meal by Colin and Lady Captain Paula Marshall.
The winners included:
- BPGC First team who were Lincolnshire Team Champions as well as South Lincs League winners
- BPGC Second Team who were South Lincs League winners
- Ollie Mitchell who, as well as playing for the first team, won the junior club championships, men’s summer foursomes, men’s winter league and the Family cup. He also won the Lincolnshire junior Woodroffe Walter Cup, the men’s Hotchkin and Taylor Cups and played for the county boys at the national finals.
- First team captain Jack Diment who won the club championships, M B Jackson trophy, scratch knockout and winter league. As well as captaining the victorious first team, he was also part of the club team that won the Lincolnshire singles team trophy, the Bramley. Jack also won the prestigious Midland closed amateur championships.
- Jo Pearson who won the ladies club championship as well as the Freda Shipley Cup, Sharp trophy, Marjorie Moore Trophy, winter League and the Vice president’s trophy.
- Sheila Mason & Jackie Scott who as well as winning two club trophies each were England Golf Trust National Pairs champions.