Out of Bounds (Rule 18.2)
- Out of bounds is defined by the line between the course-side points at ground level of fence posts, of any boundary fence surrounding the course.
- The fence to the left of the 18th fairway, extending around the back of the green to adjoin the white posts and white line surrounding the practice putting green is out of bounds.
- Out of bounds is defined by white markers surrounding the lake (Villa Pond) to the left of the 11th and 12th tees and to the left of the brook on the 8th.
- The practice ground to the right of the 1st, 2nd and 9th holes is out of bounds and defined by white stakes.
- The practice ground to the left of the 19th, 26th and 27th holes is out of bounds and defined by white stakes.
Penalty Areas (Rule 17)
Penalty areas are defined by either yellow stakes or yellow lines or, red stakes or red lines. When both stakes and lines are used, the stakes identify the penalty area and the line defines the margin
Immovable Obstructions (Rule 16)
The following are defined as Immovable Obstructions and relief may be taken under Rule 16.1
- All caged, fenced or staked trees
- Coppice fences
- All artificially surfaced paths and tracks
- Stone Bridges on 3rd, 13th and 14th holes and Wooden Bridge on hole 8
- Plastic bungs covering a second hole on the putting green
- Second holes cut on the green that are not covered (during the winter months)
- Additionally, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1b if a sprinkler head is:
- On the line of play, and is
- Within two club-lengths of the putting green, and
- Within two club-lengths of the ball
Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.
Damage by Animals
In the General Area, areas of damage caused by deer are treated as ground under repair from which relief is allowed under Rule 16.1b
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF A LOCAL RULE, unless otherwise specified above or the breach is covered by a Rule of Golf: The General Penalty