Belton Park Golf Club hosted the Ladies Spring Open on the 19th May – it was not quite as memorable as a Wedding held on the same day – but I am sure all who took part enjoyed a course in excellent condition a splendid meal so we did not have to cook when we got home and weather we could only wish for.
And as for the half way hut well, the home made cakes were delicious, even the gentlemen enjoyed them.
44 Teams entered all from a radius of about 40 miles.
There was a prize of a sleeve of Golf Balls for those who got 2’s – 5 people in all but one with 2
- Sophie Beardsall from Greetham on the 6th and 14th
- Joan Would from Lincoln on the 6th
- Jackie Wilson from Belton Woods on the 14th
- Lynn Exley from Gedney on the 6th
- Lorna Riley from Mickleover also on the 6th
The main event was won by Pat Jamieson and Sophie Beardsall from Greetham Valley with 43 points
Suzanne Addis and Nicola Routledge from Belton Park came second with 41 points
Angela Wheeler and Sue Brand from Greetham Valley came third with 40 points
There were three teams all with 38 points and on countback they were:
- Grace Hale and Nikki Masson from Belton Park and Belton Woods respectively
- Mihiro Sunose and Rachael Voss from Ruddington Grange and Mapperley
- Alison Hartley and Rina Ozolins from Newark.
Congratulation to the winners and thank you to all who took part.