47 teams took part in the Irish 3-ball Texas Scramble in damp, early season conditions, played on the Brownlow course. Early conditions were quite wet, however the weather improved as the day progressed, and the fact that course was playable at all, reflected the efforts of the Belton Park ground-staff.
The winners were Jack Diment, Will Hopkins & Aaron Kay. They shot a 14 under par gross score of 57, which when added to their combined handicap of +0.2, saw them home with a fantastic winning total of 57.2.
In 2nd place were Andrew Connor, Steve Mitchell & Olly Mitchell with 58.5, 3rd were Lee Towsey, Andrew Clark & Dave Wing with 59.4.
In 4th place were Stewart Boylan, Nic Banner & John Cooke with 59.7. In 5th place were Andrew Kelley, Brian Pearce & James Anderton with 59.9, on countback from Michael Cole, Mark Loveridge & Colin Weston.
The following teams had two’s:
- Matthew Warren, Martin Chambers & Milo Walsh x 2
- MJ Squire, Richard Summerfield & David Lee x 2
- Roy Allen, Simon Denton & James Meredith
- Richard Claxton, Josh Neal & Nigel Strutt
- Stewart Boylan, Nic Banner & John Cooke
- Michael Jones, Adrian Dobney & Clive Horn x 2
- Steve Preston, Gary Long & Martin Kelby
- Brett White, Danny Coyle & Brian White
- Darrell Froggatt, Graham Jeffery & Terry Quinn
- John Maguire, Phil Butler & Stuart Hearn
- Jim Wiggins, Peter Drechsler & John McClelland
- Nigel Gibson Jnr, Andrew McGowan & Barry Chappell
- Ged O’Reilly, John Henson & Keith Meadows
- Jacqui Barson, Les Watson & Peter Barson
- Liam Parker, John Kelly & Nigel Stanley x 2
- Gary Ashworth, Gordon Lea & Steve Railton
- John Strickson, John Kirkup & Andy Marlor x 2
- Michael Cole, Mark Loveridge & Colin Weston
- Lee Towsey, Andrew Clark & Dave Wing
- Andrew Kelley, Brian Pearce & James Anderton
- Jack Diment, Will Hopkins & Aaron Kay x 2
- Andrew Connor, Steve Mitchell & Olly Mitchell x 2
- John Whaler, Alan Barnes & Andy Noble
- Sam Philpotts, Paul Green & Grace Hale
- Suzanne Addis, Sally Knight & Nicola Routledge
- Michael Green, Jo Pearson & Spike Carr