The Seniors welcomed Stoke Rochford Seniors to Belton Park for the our final game of the year looking to avenge the narrow defeat at Stoke the previous week. On what proved to be a very pleasant Autumnal Day the teams took to the Belmont course which for the time of year was in superb condition.
Competition was very tough but with some very strong pairings the Belton Park team came out winners 6.1/2 points to 1.1/2 winners; the only real mauling to the home team was for Steve White & Keith Brown lost 6 & 5 by 2 highwaymen from the A1.
A superb meal followed the match with everyone agreeing it had been a memorable day for the Seniors; the record for the year was a 50 / 50 in the 28 matches we played.
1. Graham Secker & Norman Halliday won 1 up
2. Alan Addis & Tim Stubbs won 4 & 3
3. Steve White & Keith Brown lost 6 & 5
4. Frank Overton & Dave Dobney won 6 & 4
5. Ian Askew & Peter Hancock won 4 & 3
6. Mike Collins & Ken Reilly won 2 & 1
7. Derek Little & Peter Long all square half
8. George Crowford & John McNally won 1 up
March 27th 2018 will be our next match against Radcliffe at home so plenty of time for the Seniors to hone their skills.